Cooper & Binkley Jewelers Operational Standards for COVID-19
We have developed this COVID-19 preparedness and response plan, consistent with recommendations in Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, developed by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (which is available upon request) and consistent with state of Michigan and CDC guidelines for re-opening our business.
New Cooper & Binkley staff protocol to reduce the transmission of human coronavirus includes:
1. Employees are Required to:
a. Stay home if employee or family member is/feels symptomatic.
b. Undergo temperature checks prior to each shift.
c. Maintain social distancing when possible and appropriate use of PPE (gloves, mask, etc.) when engaging with customers.
d. Routinely maintain a disinfected workspace. This includes disinfecting all possible materials that may have been touched during each customer interaction as well as at the beginning and end of the day. These areas include: showroom, goldsmith shop, offices, bathrooms, and kitchen.
e. Follow a regimented protocol that emphasizes minimal contact/contamination throughout the customer interaction (customer may view full copy upon request).
2. Objects that are considered high contact have been removed throughout the building until it is deemed safe for them to be returned. Examples include: train station, refreshment station, dishware, silverware, etc.
3. Signs will be posted at store entrance instructing customers of their legal obligation to wear a face covering when inside the store, and not to enter if they are or have recently been sick.
4. Customers will be asked to wear a mask which we will provide if they do not have one on already.
5. Social distancing policy keeping a six-foot distance will be implemented.
6. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the showroom
7. Jewelry will be handled specifically in accordance with new, contactless protocols.
This is the condensed version. Full version is available upon request.